fbpx

Tech Insights: PayPal (PYPL)

GM Investors, 👋

Welcome to Tech Insights, the premium report that delivers the sharpest business insights on the world’s most interesting tech companies. For issue #11, we’re jumping back into payments processing by analyzing PayPal, Inc.

You know the drill, let’s do this.

What We Think: Solid Positioning into a Bright Future

We think PayPal is a smart play, for two interconnected reasons.

First, when it comes to payments processing, PayPal is currently well-positioned as a large market share leader across 200 countries. And second, the digital payments processing industry is poised for growth through the rest of this decade.

Therefore, when combining these two reasons together, it’s hard for us not to be optimistic about PayPal over the next several years.

What Wall Street Thinks: Sell (0%) Hold (28%) Buy (72%)

The majority of Wall Street analysts currently recommend a buy on PYPL, with the average issued target price at $74.36.

A smaller minority recommend holding at current prices, and no analysts recommend a sell at this time.

Disclaimer: This is not financial advice. Money Mastery is simply reporting what some Wall Street firms are telling their clients.

PayPal’s Company Profile

PayPal (PYPL) offers digital payments solutions to retail merchants and consumers worldwide. After customers create their PayPal accounts and connect them to their banks or credit cards, they can then instantly send and receive payments between other PayPal accounts across the globe. 90% of PayPal’s revenues come from fees for customer payment transactions. The other 10% comes from subscription fees and interest earned on consumer account balances and issued loans. PayPal was founded in 1998, went public in 2002, and is headquartered in San Jose, California.

SWOT Analysis


Uh oh 😨… in order to view the full report you will have to go premium.

Related Articles